Saturday, October 23, 2010

Welcome Back!




We had a busy but productive week in 3.2! We hit the ground running right after the break, returning to our discussions from before the break about matter; what it is, where it is, and what it is like. Students explored over 20 different materials, discovering how they felt, tasted, smelled, and looked. We discussed these properties and then looked at which materials have similar properties. Once we began to group the materials based on their properties, students began to label those groups (solid, liquid gas). Students also discussed various ways they could change the materials. Next week, students will design experiments that will allow them to attempt to change, or transform, some of the materials, while following the scientific method.

Feel free to visit http://www.brainpopjr.com/ with your child to learn more about the scientific method. In order to sign in you will need to the user name isd3.2mrsbrown and the password redandwhite. This is a temporary password which will expire on Tuesday. Once you are signed in, go to the science page and scroll down to the movies at the bottom of the page. You can then click on scientific method.

9 comments:

  1. I liked how brain pop junior was interesting.
    Hana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our matter unit is very interesting because we do a lot of experiments.



    Hana

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this unit because we do lots of experiments.
    chaeeun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brain pop junior is very interesting.
    Hana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this unit because we do lots of experiments.This is my favorite unit.I nevar seen this unit.
    saki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what actsactly matter is? Is matter everything or is it just one thing?



    From Ralf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to learn more.
    minsoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was exlent time to test by self.
    I want to learn more about the experiment!

    Saki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brain pop Junior was so funny!




    Hana

    ReplyDelete